Cornelius was established in 1905 and originated as a mill and farm community. Originally incorporated as ‘Liverpool’, the town’s name was changed to Cornelius to honor Joseph Benjamin Cornelius. When Lake Norman was formed, Cornelius added 54 miles of shoreline. Today, Cornelius is a laid-back town offering unique attractions, restaurants, lakeside parks andshopping.
Community Links & Events:
- Town of Cornelius Website
- Visit Lake Norman’s Events Calendar
- Cornelius’ Event Calendar
- Cornelius Information Guide – You may also find helpful information in Cornelius’ I information Guide, which contains descriptions of Town Departments, Commissions, Committees and more.
- Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture (PARC) Department
- Visit Lake Norman’s Sports Facility Guide – Lists Cornelius’ Sports Event Facilities
- Cornelius Library – 21105 Catawba Avenue, 704-416-3800
- Cornelius Post Office – 20311 Chartwell Center Drive, 704-896-9800
Text courtesy of Visitlakenorman.org
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.