Cornelius was established in 1905 and originated as a mill and farm community. Originally incorporated as ‘Liverpool’, the town’s name was changed to Cornelius to honor Joseph Benjamin Cornelius. When Lake Norman was formed, Cornelius added 54 miles of shoreline. Today, Cornelius is a laid-back town offering unique attractions, restaurants, lakeside parks andshopping.
Community Links & Events:
- Town of Cornelius Website
- Visit Lake Norman’s Events Calendar
- Cornelius’ Event Calendar
- Cornelius Information Guide – You may also find helpful information in Cornelius’ I information Guide, which contains descriptions of Town Departments, Commissions, Committees and more.
- Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture (PARC) Department
- Visit Lake Norman’s Sports Facility Guide – Lists Cornelius’ Sports Event Facilities
- Cornelius Library – 21105 Catawba Avenue, 704-416-3800
- Cornelius Post Office – 20311 Chartwell Center Drive, 704-896-9800
Text courtesy of Visitlakenorman.org
The data relating to real estate on this web site derive in part from the Carolina Multiple Listing Services, Inc. IDX program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither Real LKN Living, LLC nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing.
© 2017 Carolina Multiple Listing Services, Inc.